Pages

Sunday, December 15, 2013

An exercise to overcome writer's block


There is very little that gives me more joy than writing. However, I am a little sad that these days I have not been able to write the way I wish to. I have not taken out enough time for solid writing and my mind has been overly distracted in work, personal issues and spending a lot of time on the Internet. Even this blog that I am writing is basically an exercise to literally ‘force’ myself to write something, anything. So here I am, just typing out whatever is coming to mind and I guess it’s not such a bad idea. Before I even could realize what’s happening, I have already crossed 115 words.

I suppose it’s a reflection on certain things that sometimes when something gets a bot dusty or rusty you just have to shake off the dust and scrub off the rust and start to use it. That is what I am trying to do here.

So for those of you out there that have been suffering from ‘writer’s block’, just read these words and see what is possible if you just sit down on a computer or in front of a paper notebook and just write down whatever comes to your mind. Do not worry about the grammar, coherence and relevance of what you are writing at this point. JUST WRITE!

Just doing it will make you feel good about it. Just sit down and type out whatever comes to mind. See, 250 words already!


Best of luck, my fellow writers.