Pages

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Tsunami Dreams blog


My post at http://sonael.wordpress.com/2006/07/23/tsunami-dreams/ (An interesting blog I found on Tsunami dreams)

Wow! First of all I would like to say thanks to the one who started this blog. It is comforting to know that there are so many of us who are having the same or at least very similar dreams involving tsunamis. I have been having these dreams since the year 2000 when I was living in Encino, California. Now, ten years later, I am back to my home in New Delhi, India, but still having these dreams, the most recent one being last night. From reading this blog it is clear that these tsunami dreams are occurring across the globe irrespective of nationalities or proximity to the coastline.

Reading the very first post by the creator of this blog, I noticed the similarity to my own dreams. In my dreams as well, there is generally an element of being inside a building but with an exterior element as well. This means either inside a balcony/podium/terrace/verandah, etc. Or inside a room with glass windows and generally a large glass window (though not always – once I was in a small apartment in an apartment building in Mumbai with very small iron-barred windows as the monster wave approached).  

However, I have also had a few dreams where I am on a beach.

There is one element, however, that I have noticed that so far I have not read on this blog and I wonder if anyone else has noticed this. In my dreams the waves come in threes. There are always three waves in my dreams. First comes a decently large wave (maybe about 100 feet high), then comes a smaller wave (usually about 50-60 feet high). Then there is a stillness - a lull before the monster wave. Most of the time after the first two waves hit (I always see the first two waves actually hitting or breaking) there is a brief moment of relief in which I think the worst is over and then in a few minutes, I can see the monster wave approaching in the horizon, often it takes on the role of the sky itself. It looks to be several miles high as it approaches. There is terror at this time as people begin to run away with the false hope that they can actually outrun this monster. I have never seen this wave actually break, but it is constantly being formed as it approaches me. I always get up seconds before I would be engulfed!

Another interesting detail is that each dream is in a different location. I have been on beaches, hotels and buildings all around the world. Some of the locations were clearly in the US, some in Europe (one of them was clearly in the Mediterranean), some in South America. The most recent dream I had was last night in which my younger brother and I were in Kanyakumari, which is the southern most tip of the Indian peninsula. It is a point that is unique in many ways as it is where three major water bodies meet – The Bay of Bengal, The Indian Ocean and The Arabian Sea. Each water body is clearly identifiable as each water body is a different color. Now here is the weird part. Though it is Kanyakumari, we were standing on a mountain top or a very high cliff overlooking the Thiruvalluvar statue (however though I ‘knew’ consciously in my mind that the Vivekananda Shrine should also be there, it wasn’t) and many parts of the land were already covered in crystal clear water. Also, it was clearly the future as there were very tall buildings there, which do not really exist. The whole scene could also have been an amalgamation of various settings – the cliff or mountain like place we were standing also reminds me of Rio De Janeiro’s mountain where the Christ Redeemer statue is located. The skyscrapers could have been from New York or the Far East.

Okay, so what does all this mean? I feel there is something more to it than meets the eye. If there are so many of us having these dreams with so much similarity, it is obviously part of the Jungian collective unconsciousness, but maybe it’s not that simple. There is a deeply spiritual element to all of this. Why is it that many of the people who are having these dreams – myself included – are spiritually minded individuals? Perhaps there is an element of reaching the next level spiritually that is happening here. Maybe as some others have said, this could be a premonition of the changes that many believe will occur in 2012. So what kind of changes are these and how do these changes affect us?

First things first, you can’t outrun a tsunami (especially the monster that we all seem to have seen) – so don’t even bother trying. That being said, let us take a closer look at what we are seeing. The so-called 2012 end of the world ‘as we know it’ hypothesis could be just that – it could be the elevation of our spiritual consciousness to the next level. Maybe the destruction of earth’s land mass would mean that we would begin to exist at a higher dimensional level. So maybe our impending ‘death’ is more of a ‘birth’ in a higher level spiritually. Just like the unborn baby has to leave its world in the womb to step into a larger world (and this process is a struggle for the fetus) so must we have to ‘struggle’ a bit before we evolve into a higher spiritual existence. So maybe these dreams are making us recognize this coming change and maybe they are trying to prepare us for this. I believe that the fact that so many of us are experiencing these dreams can only mean that these are not coming from some sub-conscious memories that neurologists would like you to believe but from some higher plane of intelligence or consciousness or simply put, a higher spiritual plane.

I think that we who are experiencing these dreams are fortunate. We are getting a heads up to an approaching event that might be physical in nature in the form of a meteorite shower that will cause global mega-tsunamis or it could be a non-physical event in the form of the shift to a higher frequency of spiritual energy that could be scary, but will work out for the best in the final analysis. Or it could be both. Anyways as evident from this blog, we will not be alone when all this happens.

Please write to me at: prashantsolomon@gmail.com and share your experiences.