Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Good cheap Mac software substitute for Photoshop and Dreamweaver users

After buying my MacBook Pro, one of the things that took some getting used to was the compatibility with certain popular software like Photoshop and Dreamweaver - applications that I used very frequently. Well, Adobe (the company that makes both the above mentioned software) has a Mac version as well. But of course, the issue here is the price. If you were to download and buy the new Adobe CS5 suite it would cost you more than $ 1000 US dollars!

So after discovering a site one day, I was pleased to find that it was made on a software called RapidWeaver, which is made exclusively for Macs. I went to the rapidweaver site - http://www.realmacsoftware.com/rapidweaver/ and downloaded it. After trying it out I am of the opinion that while it lacks much of the real control that Dreamweaver offers for making websites, it is pretty good for making a basic attractive website at a very attractive price - only $79 US.

Then comes the photoshop equivalent. Though I haven't downloaded and tried it as yet, but http://www.pixelmator.com/ seems to have most of the features that Photoshop gives at a very attractive price of $ 59 US. I believe they have a Windows version as well.

So worth a look for Mac users trying to get their hands on some Mac Software.