Pages

Sunday, March 07, 2010

Chintels day out at Ambience Mall






On Saturday, March 6, 2010 - we at Chintels officially started off our 25th anniversary celebrations. We plan to have a series of celebrations that will culminate in a 'grand finale' sometime towards the end of this year.

To get the ball rolling, the entire staff of Chintels corporate office had a 'day out' at Ambience Mall in Gurgaon. The day started off at 10:00 am, when we all assembled outside the PVR ticket counter and watched the film 'Atithi, Tum kab jayoge'. As for the film, I would give it a 4 out of 10. Well, this is not supposed to be a film review, so we'll leave it at that.

After this, I bought a new Canon PowerShot SX200 IS from the Reliance electronics store to click some pictures of the event. This was followed by lunch at the food court, where after much deliberation, I decided to have a slice of pepperoni pizza from Sbarro. It was OK, nothing to write home about.

The next thing we did, which was really the highlight of the day as far as the rest of the Chintels people were concerned was the bowling at Blu-O. Wow! We had a blast to say the least! We booked about five lanes and played for about three hours non-stop. It was good fun. Photos of the event are also being posted here.

After that most of the team Chintels left, but I stayed on with my parents, wife, brother and a cousin who was there. We had some wheat beer at the Bavarian (part of Rockman's Beer Island) and then the highlight of the day for me and my brother was that we both bought identical 13" MacBook Pros!

But by the end of it, I was dog tired. My brother drove home and as soon as I reached home, I crashed out! But what a day man. I haven't had so much fun in a long time and I have never spent so much time in a mall on a single day. We were there for about 10 and a half hours!